No announcement yet.

Cross Forest Exchange Migration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Forest Exchange Migration

I'm in the same boat. I have to do a migration, not a transition ( That is to say, from one org to another. My problems are:

1. All Outlook profiles will have to be rewritten but not lose the PSTs they currently point to

2. Free/Busy and GAL info must be synced throughout the migration. I think interorg will do free busy but what about the GAL? The Active-Directory connector was only for Exchange 5.5.

3. I will need to build another BES and reactivate everyone.

I'm researching, but any help would be very welcome.

Re: Cross Forest Exchange Migration

Don't hijack threads. I have moved your question to a new thread.

Exchange Forum Moderator.
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Understood. Thanks

The research I have done leads me to the following in reference to my first post:

1. The Exchange Profile Update tool should be able to rebuild the profile while still maintaining the links to the old PSTs.

2. Exchange 2003 version of the InterOrg Replication tool may handle the free/busy. I'm stunned that Interorg is still out there.

The Identity Integration feature pack will handle GAL replication.

3. I don't see a way around building a new BES since the migration is org to org and domain to domain

I'm looking for a way to do this migration using free tools. If anyone has better ideas concerning the above, I'd love to hear them.