Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Rules for all users

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could assist me. Is tehre any way to create a rule for all users in the Organziation to move an email into a spscific folder, say 'Junk Email' Folder?

Exchange Hub Transport Rules do not provide these options as those sort of rules are client based and I believe each folder in the Mailbox is hard coded.
    I'm looking for a solution to deploying one rule with at least user interaction as possible. I've looked at options for Exchange rules, PRF Outlook profile creation, Exporting and Importing rules (Does not work for specific folder and user will be required to re-specify the folder), GPO and Registry and scripting, all which are not possible from what I have found.

Other than the Exchange Tranport Rules is there another way, like creating a custom Managed folder and create a rule, export and then import without issues?

I would like some clarification that there is no way of doing this and if there is please let me know.

Thanks

Re: Create Rules for all users

Originally posted by tradu81 View Post
    Hi all,

I was hoping someone could assist me. Is tehre any way to create a rule for all users in the Organziation to move an email into a spscific folder, say 'Junk Email' Folder?

Exchange Hub Transport Rules do not provide these options as those sort of rules are client based and I believe each folder in the Mailbox is hard coded.
    I'm looking for a solution to deploying one rule with at least user interaction as possible. I've looked at options for Exchange rules, PRF Outlook profile creation, Exporting and Importing rules (Does not work for specific folder and user will be required to re-specify the folder), GPO and Registry and scripting, all which are not possible from what I have found.

Other than the Exchange Tranport Rules is there another way, like creating a custom Managed folder and create a rule, export and then import without issues?

I would like some clarification that there is no way of doing this and if there is please let me know.

Thanks
    Hub Transport rules apply to emails coming through the Hub transport. They are not client based. You could combine a Hub Transport rule with a Managed Folder Policy. Do the emails contain the same subject line, sender ID etc?

Comment

Working...
    X