Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to connect to Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 from Domain Controller.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 from Domain Controller.

Unable to connect to Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 from Domain Controller Windows server 2003
    Keeps asking for User ID and Password and never finishes setup of Outlook.

I can Ping and connect to shares on the Exchange Server without problems.
    I am about to use the account on other computers without problems.
    I have un-installed and reinstalled Office and still have the same problem.

Re: Unable to connect to Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 from Domain Controller.

Originally posted by jy.zhang View Post
    Unable to connect to Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 from Domain Controller Windows server 2003
    Keeps asking for User ID and Password and never finishes setup of Outlook.

I can Ping and connect to shares on the Exchange Server without problems.
    I am about to use the account on other computers without problems.
    I have un-installed and reinstalled Office and still have the same problem.
    There must be a good reason hope if your using Outlook on a DC but not for us to question. Is that DC also a GC?

Comment

Re: Unable to connect to Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 from Domain Controller.

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      There must be a good reason hope if your using Outlook on a DC but not for us to question. Is that DC also a GC?
      Client tight on budgt.

Two server both installed Windows server 2003 64bit standard version:
      server1: Domain Controller with TS
      server2: member server with Exchange 2007 installed

Anyone can help? Thanks.

Comment

Does the user you're logged into the DC as have a mailbox? Does the user show up in the GAL? What, if any, error messages do you get when trying to use Outlook on the DC? How is Outlook configured: Exchange mode, POP mode, RPC over HTTP, etc.?

Turn on Outlook logging and see if that gives you any clues.

Comment

If the user log on to any workstations, Outlook 2007 works fine.

When user log on to DC through RDP, Run outlook -> Account Configuration -> Auto Account Setup -> Configuring

Establish network connection Passed
          Search for [email protected] server settings Passed
          Log on to server Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unabaliable.

It askes the username and password and never pass this stage.

Comment

This sounds like the "loopback" problem. Here are some notes I collected when I had to fix the same problem. Method 1 leaves you with a serious security exposure. Method 2 is as easy to implement and reduces the exposure, but be aware that the loopback block was introduced to stop a security weakness.

FIX LOOPBACK AUTHENTICATION
            1. Only applicable when using Outlook on the Exchange Server machine. By default, authentication is disabled from a FQDN that is in the loopback list.
            2. Method 1 (NOT recommended)
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Lsa\DisableLoopbackCheck=1 (DWORD)
            Restart computer

3. Method 2
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters\DisableStrictNameChecki ng=1 (DWORD)
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Lsa\MSV1_0\BackConnectionHostNames (Multi-string value) Enter host names for the sites that are on the local computer.
            Restart the IISAdmin service.

Comment

Working...
            X