Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange boxes cannot find Global Catalogs in the domain

Hello,

My Exchange Server 2007(physical box) and my Client Access Server ( virtual box) are complaining that they can't find GC on the network. There is no connectivity problem. They can talk to the DCs and vice-versa via ping. The log on the DNS servers are clean and all the servers are pointing to the internal DNS and DHCP servers.

I have 2 DCs in my set up. Both are Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition SP1 x32-bit. I have an Exchange Server 2007 running on a Windows Server 2008 standard edition SP1 x64-bit. The Client Access Server runs on a Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition SP1 x64-bit.

The forest and domain functional were 2003 when I was running Windows Server 2003 servers but after I move everything to Windows Server 2008, I have raised it to 2008. I don't have a RODC in my set up and I don't plan to have one.

When I run dcdiag from the Exchange server 2007, all the tests passed except this one:

Starting test: NCSecDesc
    Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn't have
    Replicating Directory Changes In Filtered Set
    access rights for the naming context:
    DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=com
    DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=com
    CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=com
    ......................... WDCDC01 failed test NCSecDesc

Ping works fine across the network and when I run repadmin.exe /replsummary, everything comes back clean. No errors or failures.

On the Exchange boxes, I'm getting event 2601:

Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGY (PID=5972). When initializing a remote procedure call (RPC) to the Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology
    service, Exchange could not retrieve the SID for account <WKGUID=DC1301662F547445B9C490A52961F8FC,CN=Micros oft
    Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,... The Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service will continue starting with limited permissions.

And event 2114:

General

Event 2114, MSExchange ADAccess

Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=1424). Topology discovery failed, error 0x80040920 (LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT). Look up the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) error code specified in the event description. To do this, use Microsoft Knowledge Base article 218185, "Microsoft LDAP Error Codes." Use the information in that article to learn more about the cause and resolution to this error. Use the Ping or PathPing command-line tools to test network connectivity to local domain controllers.

---

- System

- Provider

[ Name] MSExchange ADAccess

- EventID 2114

[ Qualifiers] 49156

Level 2

Task 3

Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-08-24T14:07:33.000Z

EventRecordID 13347

Channel Application

Computer wdccas.mydomain.com

Security

- EventData

MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE
    LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT

Any help is more than welcome.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Working...
X