exchange problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange problem

hi every one my case isi have exch2007 is working well except one thing , evry time the current (electricity) is stoped the microsoft exchange information stor is disabled automaticlyso i have to start it each time so any one can fide any way to solve this

Re: exchange problem

Have you looked at the Properties of the Service and reviewed any recovery options set, if there?

Comment

Every time the power goes out, Exchange goes down?

Maybe you need to give us a bit more detail about your setup, as that seems like a normal reaction
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Or may be its time to invest in a business continuity strategy like a UPS or a generator..

Comment

Originally posted by knowlage-researcher View Post
          hi every one my case isi have exch2007 is working well except one thing , evry time the current (electricity) is stoped the microsoft exchange information stor is disabled automaticlyso i have to start it each time so any one can fide any way to solve this
          Can you conifrm that the service is disabled when running on UPS or after it has powered off and you logon back into windows.

A service disabling is strange. Should the Exchange server be running on UPS including DCs etc, providing the switch they connect to is also on UPS, the services should be unaffected, depending on the timescale to get electricity back. Should the Exchange server not be able to connect to a DC, there is the chance that services may stop but AFAIK, they shouldn't disable.

Give recommendations below a try.

Comment

Hi,

Actually I can confirm that sometimes the service does not start, regardless of retry on fail settings. My Exchange server is a (W2K3 R2 64Bit, Ex2K7) VM running on a W2K8 Host. When I reboot the exchange server it starts no problem. If I reboot the host (and rely on it/Hyper-V to shutdown the VMs), the service usually does not start.

I've just got into the habit of manually shutting down the VMs when I have to reboot the host (ie. for patching).

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sinereth View Post
              Hi,

Actually I can confirm that sometimes the service does not start, regardless of retry on fail settings. My Exchange server is a (W2K3 R2 64Bit, Ex2K7) VM running on a W2K8 Host. When I reboot the exchange server it starts no problem. If I reboot the host (and rely on it/Hyper-V to shutdown the VMs), the service usually does not start.

I've just got into the habit of manually shutting down the VMs when I have to reboot the host (ie. for patching).

- Steve
              Yes, you should always power down the guests before powering down or rebooting the host. That's half the problem right there.

Comment

Have you set the VM for delayed startup -- I've seen that make a difference (although no obvious reasons why)
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X