Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook Anywhere issue-Access to single Active Directory Computer & OA does not work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Anywhere issue-Access to single Active Directory Computer & OA does not work

Dear Gurus

My name is Shivam and hello to everyone as this is my first POST in the forum.

We have recently migrated to EX2K7 and trying to configure Outlook Anywhere (OA) functionality.

Users in my organization have access to only one Active Directory computer. Our IT infrastructure has 1 DC and 1 ISA box.

I have setup OA for my account (access to all computers) and configured Outlook 2007 and everything works fine. I have RPC over HTTP connectivity. GREAT.

I have setup OA for other user accounts (restricted to one computer) and configured Outlook 2003 and it keeps popping up with a Username/Password screen. You put the password in (tick Remembr password) and still the Username/Password screen comes up.

Single computer access users cannot be configured for OA.

Please help. I have no clue where to start from. Users with single computer access have been given access to DC, ISA, Edge Transport Server and Exchange Server but still issue is unresolved.

Please advise. THANKS

Shivam

Re: Outlook Anywhere issue-Access to single Active Directory Computer & OA does not w

could you please elaborate "Users with single computer access "??????????
    ________
    CLASSACTION LAWSUIT
    Last edited by Dks; 13th March 2011, 00:21.
    Rgds,

Dks
    MCP E2K3 & MCITP E2K7
    MCITP Enterprise Win2k8

Comment

Re: Outlook Anywhere issue-Access to single Active Directory Computer & OA does not w

Hi DKS

Sorry for the late response. Users with Single computer access means they have logon restrictiions on the computers. They can only log onto 1 computer in AD and not all the computers throughout the organisation.

Every user has a dedicated computer for use because of Organisation Policy

Let me know if you need any other details.

Regards

Shivam

Comment

Outlook 2003 does prompt you for a username/password when using RPC over HTTP to a 2007 server unfortunately.

You can instruct the users to save their users password under the "manage passwords" option under user accounts in control panel.

http://www.petri.com/save-your-excha...03-or-2007.htm

Have you checked that the Outlook Anywhere function is working properly? How about a test client with outlook 2007?

What are your certificates like? Do you have a wildcard certificate or just relying on the self signed one?

try using www.testexchangeconnectivity.com to test you settings. Very useful tool.

Comment

Hi mrflash

Thanks for the advice. I have tried everything you suggested but unfortunately the issue remains unresolved.

No matter which client version I am using (Outlook 2003 or 2007) as long as user has access to only one AD computer the username\password screen popping up again and again. Even saving the password in Control Panel did not work.

Test for RPC/HTTP has failed every time on testexchangeconnectivity.com

Autodiscover finds the host but test to check whether port 443 is listening or not failed.

I am using third party certificate and not the self signed. The certificate is working fine because when users check their email through WEBMAIL there is no Certification error.

I hope this information might be little more helpful to think in some other area.

Regards & Thanks

Shivam

Comment

i think you may have to add the exchange servers to the list of "log on to" workstations for that user.

But you will need to ensure that they are not allowed to log on to the server directly using a security policy.

Comment

Working...
            X