errors in OWA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• errors in OWA

Sorry for the multiple posts of problems...

Some users that we migrated from Exchange '00 to Exchange '07 can't get into their mailboxes from OWA. we thought it was just some users not migrating properly, but its random, and as a test, I created a user with no admin rights. I set it up with an Exchange mailbox, pointing it directly to Exchange 07. This test account also ran into the error..

Any ideas?

This is what they are getting:

Request
    Url: https://exchange.-----.org:443/OWA/lang.owa
    User host address: 192.168.11.106

Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoragePermanentEx ception
    Exception message: There was a problem accessing Active Directory.

Call stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep. System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute( )
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Inner Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.InvalidADObjectO perationException
    Exception message: Property Languages cannot be set on this object because it requires the object to have version 0.1 (8.0.535.0) or later. Current version of the object is 0.0 (6.5.6500.0).

Call stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.PropertyBag.set_ Item(PropertyDefinition key, Object value)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADObject.set_Ite m(PropertyDefinition propertyDefinition, Object value)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADObject.StampCa chedCaculatedProperties(Boolean retireCachedValue)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADObject.Validat eWrite(List`1 errors)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.Recipient.ADReci pient.ValidateWrite(List`1 errors)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.Recipient.ADUser .ValidateWrite(List`1 errors)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Save(A DObject instanceToSave, IEnumerable`1 properties)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()

Re: errors in OWA

[
    hello every one

Comment

Inner Exception
      Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.InvalidADObjectO perationException
      Exception message: Property Languages cannot be set on this object because it requires the object to have version 0.1 (8.0.535.0) or later. Current version of the object is 0.0 (6.5.6500.0).

What tool did you use to create the mailbox? It most likely wasn't the Exchange Management Console or Powershell since the Exchange Version probably didn't get set on the account.

Exchange 2007 uses a new attribute (msExchVersion) to determine what languate settings to use in OWA. Take a look at the users account using ADSIEdit and the msExchVersion is probably blank. In order for an Exchange 2007 user to log into OWA this must be set to "4535486012416" which the Exchangne 2007 tools do by default. After you add that to the account the user will probably be able to log in.

Going forward make sure you always use the 2007 tools to manage 2007 mailboxes.
      Last edited by BigDW; 20th August 2009, 14:57.

Comment

Have you checked IIS or restarted it at all on the Exchange 2007 box? It will be worth looking at the event viewer as well, on a client machine and the server. Also, look at the event logs on the DCs.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDW View Post
          Exchange 2007 uses a new attribute (msExchVersion) to determine what languate settings to use in OWA. Take a look at the users account using ADSIEdit and the msExchVersion is probably blank. In order for an Exchange 2007 user to log into OWA this must be set to "4535486012416" which the Exchangne 2007 tools do by default. After you add that to the account the user will probably be able to log in.
          That fixed it for the user that I created as a test. I had gone through AD to make the user, and when I right-clicked, it was only using Exchange 2000, but still gave me the ability to choose the 2007 mailbox database.

However, for the other users, I still can't get them logged in. their msExchVersion attribute is properly set. If I try to view their mailbox in OWA, it gets to where I can set the timezone, and blind/deaf pref, and once I hit ok, it says I don't have permission to view their mailbox.. and they get that error that i posted originally.

also, no, we didn't restart IIS on Exchange, and nothing was out of the ordinary with the event logs anywhere.

Comment

Sorry to ask, but can you double check that the error they are getting is exactly the same as the previous one posted. Specifically the exceptions.

Comment

Working...
            X