No announcement yet.

Junk store threshold

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk store threshold

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some advice, after running a health check on our Exchange server I get the following warning;

"EXCHANGESVR Health check indicates that the Junk store threshold is not configured.
    Junk Store threshold is currently configured to move messages to recipient's Junk folder when they have a Spam Confidence Level (SCL) value of 8. This is the default value for the Junk Store threshold. However, the recommended value is 4."

I'm not sure whether I need to make this minor change as currently we are using an external product to filter the emails through the Hub Transports.

If we already have an email filtering product do we still need to change this setting to reduce Spam emails?
    Does the Hub Transports servers do any filtering in normal practice if there is a product already configured for filtering?

Basically I don't see any point of making this change if it is not being used anyway.

Re: Junk store threshold

If you are using an external provider then ignore the warning. Simple. If you were to set it, then it would be an extra layer.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.