Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about using Recovery Storage Groups

Hi everyone,
    I am very confused about using the Recovery Storage Group in Exchange 2007. I have restored from backup the Database that has the user's files in it, and have mounted the Recovery storage group. Now i want to restore his contacts (which he somehow deleted 1600 of them), but i am not sure of the next steps, and how it will work. Will this just restore the files back into his active mailbox, will it export them to PST? I have been running E2k7 for 3 years or so, but this is the first time that i have had to do something like this. with 2003 i could just export to a PST and then import back into his active mailbox, but i am confused about the steps with 2007. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

app

Re: Question about using Recovery Storage Groups

If you use the Toolbox in the Exchange Management Console, there is a wizard that will take you through the recovery process. I use the option to merge the reovered mailbox into the existing.

Comment

That is what i was doing, but i was afraid it would overwrite what he already has in his mailbox. he only lost his contacts.

I guess i could just try it and see what happens. Do you know if it will overwrite what is already there, or just add what was removed since the backup?

app

Comment

You can first test by creating another test mailbox and then merge the restore into that one. If successful, then restore to his mailbox.

No what you mean. I had the same concern. When I used the method mentioned, the emails just merged. I must admit, it was a mailbox that didn't use the calender but I am sure it would restore that as well. All current emails remained there.

You may be able to just select calender as well or restore to an alternative mailbox and then export the calender only using 'export to PST' in Outlook.

Comment

Working...
        X