Ex2007 IMAP4.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex2007 IMAP4.

There is a requirement for a number of linux boxes to gain access to our exchange server. We would like to provide this via IMAP4.

We are running Exchange 2007.

I have tried to find the IMAP4 service but it doesn't seen to be present in the services msc and running these commands

Code:
    set-service msExchangeImap4 -startuptype automatic
     start-service -service msExchangeImap4
    in the exchange shell throughs up this error

Code:
    Set-Service : Cannot find any service with service name 'msExchangeIMAP4'.
    Any Ideas?

Re: Ex2007 IMAP4.

What edition? What service pack? Any other details that may enable someone to help you?

Have you Googled? First result for "exchange 2007 imap"
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Have you read the link you've posted? I have attempted it as you'll see in my OP.

Comment

Ok, so that shows what version of Exchange you're running, but we could still do with knowing what edition...

What Exchange roles are installed on this server?

Originally posted by Spuddy
        I have tried to find the IMAP4 service but it doesn't seen to be present in the services msc
        Were there any problems during installation? Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 shows up in Services on our server.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Try to read this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb124489.aspx

Anyway, telling about your system would be good, what OS you have, if windows server or Sbs etc etc....just folow the forum rules and it would be easyer to help you.

EDIT: found this, dont know if it rings a bell: In E2K3, there was no real distinction between server roles. All protocol heads were available on all roles.

In E2K7, there is a clear distinction of what services are available on which roles:
          - SMTP runs on HUB/Edge
          - POP/IMAP/OWA/Airsync/OutlookAnywhere (aka RPC/HTTP) runs on CAS (if you wanted the CAS to be able to accept mail for POP/IMAP clients, then you'd also need to install the Hub transport on that server)
          - The mailbox is just about storage and the core MAPI protocol

If you want a single server to have both SMTP & POP/IMAP on them, then you will need to install the HUB & CAS roles (You cannot install the Edge role on a server which has the CAS role on it).

Kevin
          Last edited by kevinguerreiro; 28th July 2009, 19:23. Reason: Add Stuff

Comment

Working...
          X