No announcement yet.

how to open other user inbox

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to open other user inbox

How can we open the inbox of other users in exchange server 2007 without changing their passwords?

In Exchange server 2003, this can be done by assigning the permissions to users from ADUC. But in Exchange server 2007, there is no such Permissions tab for Exchange Users.

Re: how to open other user inbox

Amazing what you can find if you Google for it...

The example on that page specifically referring to setting permissions shows you how to grant permissions on a single mailbox, but with the rest of the examples on the page you'll see how to apply a change to every mailbox.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

in the exchange management console , under recipient configuration, click on the mailbox you want to modify, in the actions pane on the RHS there is "manage full access permissions" here you can add the user you want to give access to. i vaguely remember having to install exchange 2007 service pack 1 to get one of these actions. i think it was "manage send as permissions" though.

While not best practice, you can still use ADUC for this if you have it and ESM installed somewhere.