Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server At Home

hello,

is it possibe to run exchange server 2007 at home on a old tower pc converted to a server. specs are server 2003 r2 sp2 64bit - 8gb of ram - 250gb hdd - intel quad duo.

if so what other equipment do i need - apart from router and internet connection

Ajw901

Re: Exchange Server At Home

Originally posted by ajw901 View Post
    is it possibe to run exchange server 2007 at home on a old tower pc converted to a server. specs are server 2003 r2 sp2 64bit - 8gb of ram - 250gb hdd - intel quad duo
    Yes, if the machine meets the hardware requirements which you can Google - looks like it does though. I'd advise replacing that single HDD with a RAID though. If it's just for home use, installing Exchange on a DC isn't quite so 'troublesome' - if you can though I'd still suggest running AD on a separate box and keeping the Exchange machine as a member server.

Originally posted by ajw901 View Post
    if so what other equipment do i need - apart from router and internet connection
    Just the Exchange licence, and the correct MX records configured for your Internet domain.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for the information and help

Comment

And check with your ISP to make sure that they allow unsolicited incoming port 25 traffic. It's very common for residential class ISP's to block certain traffic that tends to be abused. You may have to either use some kind of a relay service or pay for a business class line.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
        X