connectivity with Exchange 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connectivity with Exchange 2003

Our existing network is running on Exchange 2k7 (Domain

We have another forest running on Exchange 2k3 (Domain IP

How can we configure both Exchange server so that users in each forest can send/receive mails to each other...

I have created Accepted domain in Exch.2k7 for domain (type-Internal Relay)
    and one send connector with smart host configured with the address of Domain B(

On exch.2k3 I have configured smart host address as on default SMTP virtual Server Properties...

Users in can send mails to

Users in are unable to send mails to

and getting NDR as:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test mail
    Sent: 7/21/2009 1:07 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 7/21/2009 1:07 AM
    The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
    < #5.1.1>

Re: connectivity with Exchange 2003

Check the permissions on the Exchange 2k7 Receive connector. You may need to allow it to relay emails from the other IP. I allow anonymous on ours as it receives emails from the internet though it is best practice to have an Edge Transport Server for that job.

Shall I use default Receive connector or create a new one ??

I have created a new SMTP receive connector and enter the address of remote domain ( and Anonymous Users as permissions for this connector...

But still users in are unable to send emails....

Is smart host configuration is sufficient in exch2k3 for sending emails..or some other configurations are required for that.. ???

I have modified Recipient Policy in Exchange 2003 and enter the address as ...

Is it required ?
      Last edited by sachin1361; 21st July 2009, 10:25.

My Exchange 2k3 skills are pretty poor. Hopefully, someone else can advise. It sounds as if you have done it correctly though. Have you got a few send connectors on the 2k3 Exchange box? Have you checked the assigned costs?