Exchange connectivity with Internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange connectivity with Internet

please provide me the configuration required for connecting Exchange Server with Internet so that my internal users can send mail in the Internet and vice-versa ?

Which components needs to be configured in Exchange Server 2007?

1) Send Connector
    2) Receive Connector
    3) Both

Or Any other configurations ?

Re: Exchange connectivity with Internet

This is worth reviewing.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb124558.aspx

Is this a new installation? Can you give more information regarding your setup. Firewall, the roles on servers etc., whether there is an existing Exchange domain, the OS it is installed on, your prior experience with Exchange.

Comment

I have configured Exchange server 2003 and worked a lot on the same.

We are planning to implement Exchange Server 2007....

initially I wanna check it on my test lab... so no firewall...

I have static IP (public and one domain name)....

Now I want to connect this Exchange server2007 with internet....

Is DNS MX record us sufficient for connecting withInternet ???

or

SMTP send/receive connector need to be configuerd on Ex-2k7 ?

I read some docs but could not clear my doubt about these conenctors ....

Comment

Is the server behind a router wityh firewall ? to connecr to internet you need to open ports e port forwarding. the smtp connector is normaly allready installed and ready to work, is the mail going to be fetched from another server to this one ? what have you allready installed and setup allready on exchange 2007? so that we can give you the right directions.

Kevin

Comment

There is no firewall. Exchange is directly connected with the Internet. Exchange Server is fully installed (configured with public IP address). This server will not fetch any mail from other server. Simple scenario. Directly connected with Internet and everything is done except I need the required configurations for connecting Exchange 2007 with Internet.

Comment

Exchange 2007 comes with a receive connector that you need to allow anonymous access on. It should then receive emails providing your MX record points at the Public IP of your Firewall and a rule has been etup to forward Port 25 traffic to the internal Port of the Exchange 2007 box. Also, make sure 2k7 is an authorised domain for your external address. I believe that is established during initial setup of 2k7.

Make sure that the firewall you will be using is isolated and separate from your production server.

Comment

You will need to do the following
              On the Default receive connector go to Permission Groups and tick Anonymous.

You will also need to set up and create a new Send Connector with an address space of * and routing through DNS

You will also need an MX record for you domain name pointing to the public IP of the Exchange server.

That's how you do it.

Please put a firewall in, an Exchange servers directly on the Internet with no firewalls makes baby Jesus cry.
              When you do a get a router/firewall make sure that port 25 is forwarded to the exchange box for mailflow. Port 443 will also need to be forwarded if you wish to use OWA over a SSL connection (port 80 for non-SSL)

Comment

On the Default receive connector go to Permission Groups and tick Anonymous.

Shall I do the same on both default receive connectors ?

Comment

Yes. I left the 'client' one as the defaults. Once you have done that, make sure your firewall points Port 25 traffic to that server.

Comment

Is it not recommended to create a totally new receive connector and then leave the default and client connectors alone?

Comment

Working...
                    X