32-bit error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32-bit error

I am tring to install Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003.

An error message is appearing stating that:-

"The 32-bit version of Exchange Serevr 2007 is not supported for production use"

I know that 32-bit is not recommended for production use but for our testing, we can install it on our Lab.

How can I remove this error and install Exchange 2007.

Re: 32-bit error

I think it is just a warning and you should be able to continue to install without problems
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

In hurry...I did not check the Install option at the bottom..

Sorry for this posting...

Comment

No problem -- glad its fixed
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I believe the 32 bit version of Exchange 2007 is now supported by Microsoft. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Comment

Exchange Server 2007 is designed to be a stable, reliable enterprise messaging platform that delivers the fundamentals of e-mail and calendaring while providing innovative new capabilities. These new capabilities make the messaging system more cost effective and scalable for your organization and at the same time more productive for users accessing the system. Simply put, given the new capabilities of Exchange Server 2007, Microsoft could not guarantee a high-quality 32-bit version.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/20...questions.mspx

Its not supported in a production enviroment and i doubt it will ever be. Most new hardware supports EM64T. Considering Exchange is a RAM intensive application it makes no sense to stick with 32bit architectures. The 32 bit version is simply a great place to start if you want to learn Exchange 2007 in your own time or at least build it in Dev if you dont have 64bit hardware.

Comment

The 32bit version is available for two reasons only:
              1. Testing in a lab environment where x64 hardware is not available
              2. Installation of management tools on administrative workstations

You cannot, under any circumstances, put a 32bit copy of Exchange in production.
              Pat Richard
              Exchange MVP
              contributing author "Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: The Complete Reference"

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I have been misinformed.

Comment

Working...
                X