Exch 2007 mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exch 2007 mailbox

Is there a way in Exch 2007, to get a users e-mail maybe convert to .pst without logging into the users inbox, or without asking the user for his/her e-mail address. My CEO would like to know if this is possible, we are monitoring a user and need access to that users e-mail history.

Re: Exch 2007 mailbox

Originally posted by bigalusn View Post
    Is there a way in Exch 2007, to get a users e-mail maybe convert to .pst without logging into the users inbox, or without asking the user for his/her e-mail address. My CEO would like to know if this is possible, we are monitoring a user and need access to that users e-mail history.

I answered my own post:

Export-Mailbox –Identity <mailboxUser> -PSTFolderPath <pathToSavePST>

please close this one out.

Comment

Re: Exch 2007 mailbox

You can use a tool called ExMerge:
      http://www.exchangeinbox.com/article.aspx?i=88

Note this will leave traces on the server that you have logged on, but not on the users mailbox

Alternatively, you could use PowerControls and a backup of your information store

But IMHO get HR and Legal advice before you do ANYTHING as you (not your CEO) may end up on the wrong side of a tribunal over such monitoring
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X