No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 CAS installation problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 CAS installation problems

I installed CAS server and it is throwing below errors continuously.

Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=1420). Topology discovery failed, error 0x80040a02 (DSC_E_NO_SUITABLE_CDC). Look up the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) error code specified in the event description. To do this, use Microsoft Knowledge Base article 218185, "Microsoft LDAP Error Codes." Use the information in that article to learn more about the cause and resolution to this error. Use the Ping or PathPing command-line tools to test network connectivity to local domain controllers.

Few blogs and articles suggested to add the Exchange server computer account to domain admins group and it fixed problem for most of guys. But I can not do that like a blind man and I want to understand the reason for it.

Any one around here to help me what is going wrong?

Re: Exchange 2007 CAS installation problems

That error tends to point to a problem connecting to the domain controller. You haven't installed the machine in a DMZ or anything like that? Firewall between the Exchange server and the domain controllers?

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Nope. I don't have any firewall between Exchange server and domain controller. Also the dcdiag output is clean

There might be "N" number of reasons to say why topology service is failing. But my issue got fixed in this way.

• I have a duplicate account with same name in root domain; I deleted that
        • Tried restarting the CAS server -- no luck
        • Uninstalled CAS role
        • Installed it again
        • This time it worked
        Solutions may vary from persons to person and the above worked for me as it is a environmental issue