Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring selected mailboxes from edb file

Dear all,

I have *.edb, *.GUID and *.log files as backup for some Storage Groups. Is there a way to list the mailboxes from these files alone and restore a specific mailbox to the exchange server? It will be very helpful if you tell me an API or someother way to restore the selected mailboxes only to the exchange server from the *.edb file and other files. Can someone please help me...

Many thanks in advance,
    Nesan Joseph R.

Re: Restoring selected mailboxes from edb file

The only way I know is to use a third party product like Ontrack PowerControls.

Comment

Dear joeqwerty, thanks for your reply. I wanted to know, how OnTrack PowerControls have done that feature. What might they have used to enumerate the mailboxes individually from just a *.edb file? Also, BackupExec too can backup the whole exchange database and enables the user to restore just selected mailboxes! What could be the core thing they have used to perform this? Any guess?

Thanks again,
      Nesan Joseph R.
      Last edited by nesanjoseph; 19th June 2009, 14:06. Reason: Misspelled the addressee name in my previous reply.

Comment

I have no idea. Maybe you could call them and ask.

Also, BackupExec doesn't do what you proposed in your original post. Yes, it can restore individual mailboxes and mailbox items from the Information Store but only if it has backed up the Information Store using GRT. It can not restore mailboxes and items from the edb files alone.
        Last edited by joeqwerty; 19th June 2009, 14:28.

Comment

I was trying to find a way to do such granular restores from single bulky backups without having to purchase a third party tool. joeqwerty, Thank you very much for all your responses.

Regards,
          Nesan Joseph R.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
            X