Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable "display name" re-write on an account

Hi All,

Friend of mine suggested that these forums may be the tool missing from my tool box in regards to a question that has me tearing my hair out. So any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

For a bit of background we use RT (Request Tracker) to track all our jobs etc. and prior to migrating to Exchange 2007 we were using Exchange 2003. Now there is are several accounts tied into queues that the system sends email from. We relay through the exchange box as it talks directly to our externally hosted spam solution.

Previously Exchange 2003 would leave the Display Name alone and allow the "FirstName LastName via RT" to pass through untouched. Exchange 2007 imposes the actual mailboxes "Display Name" regardless of what's in there.

Have poked around the net, seems to be a lot of people complaining about it and only answers I could find were for the re-writing of the actual email address, which we can do without any problems.

Interestingly enough, when we send from an address that does not exist eg. [email protected], exchange leaves the display name alone

Leon
    Last edited by techman83; 18th June 2009, 05:38. Reason: Forgot to add a hello
Working...
X