No announcement yet.

Exchange server service does not start

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange server service does not start

Dear Friends,

I am not able to start "Microsoft Speech Engine Service" on my server. Because of that i am also not able to start MS Unified Communication service on my server.

Event ID of this error is -> 26191.

For more info please see the attachment.

I am running Exchange 2007 on Windows 2008 64bit machine.

Jay Choksi
    Attached Files

Re: Exchange server service does not start

Hello there, wrong place for this, should be in Exchange 2007 Area. Anyway there has to be a reason for that. Probably the speech services needs another program running or service started, have you read the manual about speech engine and what programs does it need to start or requesits ? Havent found much about that error so i'm givig this link so that you can see if everything is configured correctly.

Kevin Guerreiro

Thanks for your reply. I have already completed exchange configuration as per your guide but still i am not able to start that service. I got following error in event viewer while starting Exchange Speech Engine Service.

Event ID - 26191
      The main service was unable to start. Please check that it is configured correctly. Details: 'One or more worker processes could not be started. Please check preceding messages for exact cause.'.

Event ID - 26162
      A SES worker process (PID 722 died unexpectedly before the service completed starting. This broker (ID 2656c5f3-9332-45cf-b465-2e87233e68b2) has started 0 time(s).

Event ID - 26180
      Failed to start a SES worker instance: Unable to connect to SES Broker. (System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException)
      -> Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {AA10187F-0C7A-45AC-92CC-59EDAFB77B53} failed due to the following error: 8007007e. (System.IO.FileNotFoundException).
      Last edited by jaychoksi2003; 15th June 2009, 06:27.

same error sort of this is after an upgrade of server 2003 to 2008

The main service encountered the following warning: 'Attempt 4 of 5 failed to configure working file directory 'C:\Users\GeoffM\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\SpeechWorkingFile s' : The type initializer for 'Microsoft.SpeechServer.Log.Diagnostics.Watson' threw an exception. (System.TypeInitializationException)
        -> The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) (System.IO.FileNotFoundException).'.