Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to upgrade from Exchange Server 2007 Std to Entse edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upgrade from Exchange Server 2007 Std to Entse edition?

Hello,

I'm running an Exchange Server 2007 Standard edition and would like to upgrade it to the Enterprise edition. What is the easiest and less painful way to do that?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

hx40r -

Re: How to upgrade from Exchange Server 2007 Std to Entse edition?

You just need to enter the Enterprise Product key, and it will be switched. No need to reinstall. You just need to restart the Information Store service afterwards.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb232170.aspx

Comment

Thank you very much madman045. Truly appreciate your feedback.
      hx40r -

Comment

Hey madman045,

I read the article your recommended for upgrading Exchange Server 2007 Std to Entse edition. The "How to Enter the Product Key" article refers to a trial version. I'm already using a full Std version of 2007 ( not trial version) and would like to upgrade to Entse for bigger capacity. When I use the EMC, there is no place where I can enter the new Entse edition key to upgrade. What am I missing? I was expecting the upgrading from Std to entse to be a little trivial but apparently it's not.

Is it possible to use the following cmdlet:

Set-ExchangeServer -Identity ExServer01 -ProductKey aaaaa-aaaaa-aaaaa-aaaaa-aaaaa

to do the upgrade, replacing ExServer01 with my server name and the aaaaa strings with my Entse key?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

- hx40r

Comment

Working...
        X