X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAL is not showing

Hi All

I have Exchange 2007
    my problem is that the GAL is not showing under the contact in the OWA, while when compose new message and click on TO or CCC, i can see the addresses.
    Even in the OWA i cannot find when i search for an address.

furthermore, when i configure an email account on outlook as exchange account, the GAL will come up, but not all the addresses in my domain are showing!!!

can anybody help?

Re: GAL is not showing

Hi,

Your Questions are not clear.

a) my problem is that the GAL is not showing under the contact in the OWA:- In OWA under contact you will never find GAL.

b) furthermore, when i configure an email account on outlook as exchange account, the GAL will come up, but not all the addresses in my domain are showing!!!:- This could be OAb generation issue. Do you see any error logs on the mailbox server.
    ________
    HONEY OIL
    Last edited by Dks; 13th March 2011, 00:14.
    Rgds,

Dks
    MCP E2K3 & MCITP E2K7
    MCITP Enterprise Win2k8

Comment

ok, let me explain is also in pictures,

in OWA, when i go to contact, i cannot see the GAL at all
      [IMG][/IMG]

and even when i search i cannot find any address

now in OWA while composing a new email, i can see all the addresses in the GAL when i press TO to list all addresses

now if i setup and exchange account on MS outlook, while compsing a new mail and if I want to list the GAL, there are some addresses in the Active directory are not available in the GAL.. like below i am searching an address for MANOJ, but it is not there in the GAL:

i hope i made it clear for u to give me ur help

thanks in advance.

Comment

The Contacts is your personal contacts not the GAL so you will not see the whole list there.
        On the main page of OWA can you see the Find Someone box at the top of the screen? There is an icon to the left of it. Does that show what you want?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

As i said earlier in OWA under contacts you will never find GAL those are for personal CONTACTS.

As far as outlook GAL(few items mising) is concerned are you seeing any eventid on MBX server realted to OAB generation?
          ________
          Ultimate Fighters
          Last edited by Dks; 13th March 2011, 00:15.
          Rgds,

Dks
          MCP E2K3 & MCITP E2K7
          MCITP Enterprise Win2k8

Comment

here are the logs i am getting

Code:

OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event logging for the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium. 
            - Default Offline Address Book
            Code:

OALGen did not find any recipients in address list '\All Contacts'. This offline address list will not be generated. 
            - Default Offline Address Book

Comment

i have already solved the missing contacts under the ms outlook. I changed the event log level of the updation of OAB to medium and when i was updated, a clear message is logged so i could know which contacts are having the problem.. I had to change the email attribute under the porperties if each user missing.. thus i got all the address appear on the outlook.

now, in OWA, it is not there yet.. before when i used to open OWA the contacts of OAB wash showing all the time.. but now it is not there anymore... can you help me out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wshamroukhs View Post
                i have already solved the missing contacts under the ms outlook. I changed the event log level of the updation of OAB to medium and when i was updated, a clear message is logged so i could know which contacts are having the problem.. I had to change the email attribute under the porperties if each user missing.. thus i got all the address appear on the outlook.

now, in OWA, it is not there yet.. before when i used to open OWA the contacts of OAB wash showing all the time.. but now it is not there anymore... can you help me out!!!
                Couple of things.
                If you are using OWA the OAB will make no difference to what you can see as OWA does not use the OAB to generate the contents of the GAL.
                When you go to OWA are you actually clicking on the Default Global Address List or are you clicking on Contacts?
                Your screen shots show that the GAL is showing up (if there are issue with items not showing in the GAL that could be another issue)

In this image it appears that you have clicked on the Contacts menue at the bottom of the OWA screen, as previously mentioned this will only show your personal contacts not the GAL

Comment

I really dont know how you were able to see GAL under contacts.....

Why dont you setup a lab and check this out...
                  ________
                  Buy air one vaporizer
                  Last edited by Dks; 13th March 2011, 00:17.
                  Rgds,

Dks
                  MCP E2K3 & MCITP E2K7
                  MCITP Enterprise Win2k8

Comment

Working...
                  X