New Exchange Server and New Domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exchange Server and New Domain

I have done some research and found a few threads that answered part of my questions here.

Here is the scoop, I have an organization that is thinking about migrating to Exchange 2007. Currently they are running Exchange 2000. Their domain implementation is a total disaster and I would prefer to create a new domain (right now there are six separate domains (not child domains and no domain trusts) for a school with 1200 students). If I create a new domain and add the new Exchange 2007 server to it, I will need to move the old mailboxes over.

Here is my current plan. I would use exmerge to create pst files from the Exchange 2000 server. Then I would use the import process from here after I create the users in the new domain.

Is there a better way to do this? I have done a few Exchange upgrades but this would be the first one tied to a domain upgrade.

Re: New Exchange Server and New Domain

I should also add that non of the mailboxes are over 1 gig so the 2 gig cap for exmerge is not an issue. All together there will be around 200 mailboxes to move.

Comment

I can't think of any better ways. You could consider using Windows PowerShell scripts to automate the process or other appropriate scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
        I can't think of any better ways. You could consider using Windows PowerShell scripts to automate the process or other appropriate scripts.
        Thanks Virtual! I will look into some scripting for this job.

Comment

Working...
        X