recover deleted items. empty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recover deleted items. empty?

I currently have the retention policy for deleted items set at 14 days; in Outlook 03, 07 and webmail when attempting to recover deleted items it does not show any deleted email. And I recently deleted some email so it know its out there but its not showing up in the recovery utility. Where to I start?

Re: recover deleted items. empty?

When you deleted the email, did you also hold the 'shift' key down? That's the only time I have known the emails not to be recoverable, otherwise, I'll give it some further thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      When you deleted the email, did you also hold the 'shift' key down? That's the only time I have known the emails not to be recoverable, otherwise, I'll give it some further thought.

The emails were not permanently deleted, just deleted by right clicking -> delete

Comment

And that was in the 'Deleted Items' folder?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
          And that was in the 'Deleted Items' folder?
          Correct, I was just removing some emails from the deleted items.

FYI- I also tried the regedit to allow recover on any folder but that didn't help.

Comment

Do you see any difference if you use OWA?
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
              Do you see any difference if you use OWA?
              I deleted a couple of emails from the recycling bin in OWA, then went to Options -> Deleted Items; and it is still empty...

Comment

Sorry to ask but have you definitely checked each mailbox database for the deletion settings? (just to make sure).
                cheers
                Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
                  Sorry to ask but have you definitely checked each mailbox database for the deletion settings? (just to make sure).
                  Yes, each database is set to default (keep deleted items for 14 days)
                  Last edited by benblank04; 10th June 2009, 15:36.

Comment

I have also come to notice, when removing a mailbox it does not appear in the Disconnected Mailbox bin; possibly this is related to my issue with email messages not being able to be recovered?

Comment

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comment

What do you mean "Disconnected Mailbox bin"? Do you mean that it doesn't show up in ESM with a red X on it? Does it show up in ESM at all? What are your settings in ESM for keeping deleted mailboxes?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
                          What do you mean "Disconnected Mailbox bin"? Do you mean that it doesn't show up in ESM with a red X on it? Does it show up in ESM at all? What are your settings in ESM for keeping deleted mailboxes?
                          I have each Mailbox Database set to keep deleted mailboxes for 30 days.

When I delete a mailbox, it does not appear in "Disconnected Mailbox"...

Comment

Where are you seeing this "Diconnected Mailbox" thing that you're talking about? Have you looked in the mailbox store in ESM? Do you have mailbox management configured to run on a regular basis?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
                              Where are you seeing this "Diconnected Mailbox" thing that you're talking about? Have you looked in the mailbox store in ESM? Do you have mailbox management configured to run on a regular basis?
                              "Disconnected Mailbox" is under Recipient Configuration in EMC.
                              Are you sure there is a mailbox managment service in Ex07 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X