Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is postini recommended for spam filtering?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is postini recommended for spam filtering?

I need to set up a spam filter for a small (< 100 users) exchange system. I've worked with Trend Micro IMSS before and was very happy with it.
    I recently thought that since my gmail NEVER gets spam in the inbox, is there a way that I can route this domain through google, and apparently there is!

However I did see some threads that weren't favorable regarding postini's services, although they were older.

Is this system worth the ~1200/year? The bonus for me is that they provide spooling service.

What about their mail archiving? Has anyone had much success with that?

thanks for any advice!

Re: is postini recommended for spam filtering?

Have a look at Messagelabs, who offer all of the above. Not the cheapest but I've discovered the spam filtering is very effective and they offer archiving and disaster recovery services.

And don't worry about the "Now part of Symantec" bit -- they still do a damn good product (IMNSHO)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Have a look at Messagelabs, who offer all of the above. Not the cheapest but I've discovered the spam filtering is very effective and they offer archiving and disaster recovery services.

And don't worry about the "Now part of Symantec" bit -- they still do a damn good product (IMNSHO)

I'll check them out, thanks!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is wary about anything with the symantec name on it

Comment

I've been buying new AV software recently (400 clients) and set various resellers loose with the instructions "Anything goes.... as long as it's not Norton"
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post

I've been buying new AV software recently (400 clients) and set various resellers loose with the instructions "Anything goes.... as long as it's not Norton"
          and.... we're off topic for what it's worth, I really really liked officescan from Trend Micro, from an administration point of view anyway. Is it the most secure? I can't say, I never had an outbreak on my network.

Comment

You can consider using an Exchange 2007 Edge Server and use native AV and Spam filtering features of that as well as others below. We also use GFI anti-spam.

Edit: Also, Microsoft ForeFront for Exchange is worth a look at it. It can use up to 5 scanning engines that you select during installation. However, I tend to use Mcafee VirusScan Products with Epolicy Orchestrator and opt for the Gold Support.
            Last edited by Virtual; 5th June 2009, 09:19.

Comment

Working...
            X