Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Rollup 7

Hi,

I've just installed update rollup 7 on both nodes in our CCR environment. Everything has gone ok but now the Distributed Transaction Coordinator won't start on both nodes.

I've checked the staus of the cluster and everything seems to be ok and replication seems to working fine.

Is this a big problem??

Re: Update Rollup 7

After some further investigation, in a CCR configuration the MDTC isnít required at all and the service can be set to manual or disabled Ė not even when applying patches/service packs. The only time you need to enable it is if you have other software on the nodes that requires it (and there is a workaround to do that without a quorum disk too). Since we donít have any other software I just set the MDTC startup to manual.

Comment

Thanks for the posting back. Just another question to you, is it possible to install Update Rollup 7 on an Exchange 2007 Server with Hub, Mailbox and Client Access roles installed, which has had no roll ups installed before?

Comment

Update Rollup 7 is a cumulative update so it replaces all the previous update roll ups.

Matt

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X