Email to fax number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email to fax number

I have a client that has the following requirement and I am a little lost as to if it can even be done

They need to be able to create an email and send it to a contact's fax number.

The tricky part is that they need to be able to search by Company name.

Now a Public Folder with all the contact has been created and users can create a new mail and then send to a contact's fax number in the PF. The issue with listing all of the contact in the public folder is that users cannot search it by Company name.
    I made an address list on the server and while users can now search by company name they can only send to the listed SMTP address for the contact.

Any ideas?

Re: Email to fax number

Get some professional faxing software?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well that is my opinion as well. Unfortunately it is very much a case of "We just bought this software....make it work"

Comment

Along with:
        "We just bought a sports car... make it carry 7 people and luggage"
        Why is it that some bosses cannot accept "it can't be done" or even "it can't be done cheaper than buying the proper tools"?
        <rhetorical mode:=off>
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

there's some hosted services out there that will allow you to e-mail to sms and fax I think. I know we're trialing some e-mail to sms for server alerts etc but I'm fairly sure I spotted to fax options as well.
          This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Comment

I'm not clear on what you mean by sending an email to a fax number. Maybe I'm dense. Could you explain that? I'm fully aware of being able to fax to email but not the reverse. Are these fax machines all network connected and have email addresses?

If you mean that you need to send an email and then have that email converted to a fax and sent to the phone number of the fax machine, then there's nothing native in Exchange or Outlook that will do that. You could look into setting up the fax services of W2K3 and see if that works.

What does your boss mean by "we just bought this software, make it work"? What software is he/she referring to?

Also, maybe you should look into eFax. http://www.efax.com

Comment

Working...
            X