OWA mailbox error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA mailbox error

One of our users is unable to connect to her mailbox. She gets the following error message:

Code:
    Exception
     Exception type:  Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoragePermanentException
     Exception message:  There was a problem accessing Active Directory.

Call  stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal.Save()  
     Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext  owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String  timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext  owaContext) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext  owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext  owaContext) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest(OwaContext  owaContext) 
     System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()  
     System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep  step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Inner  Exception
     Exception type:  Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADOperationException
     Exception message:  Active Directory operation failed on SFQCNT5.SFQCHome.sfqc.co.uk. This error is  not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the  operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150A45, problem  4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 

Call  stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.AnalyzeDirectoryError(PooledLdapConnection  connection, DirectoryRequest request, DirectoryException de, Int32 totalRetries,  Int32 retriesOnServer) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.ExecuteModificationRequest(ADRawEntry  entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId originalId)  
     Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Save(ADObject  instanceToSave, IEnumerable`1 properties) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal.Save()

Inner  Exception
     Exception type:  System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperationException
     Exception message:  The user has insufficient access rights.

Call  stack

System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.ConstructResponse(Int32  messageId, LdapOperation operation, ResultAll resultType, TimeSpan  requestTimeOut, Boolean exceptionOnTimeOut) 
     System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest  request, TimeSpan requestTimeout) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.PooledLdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest  request, LdapOperation ldapOperation) 
     Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.ExecuteModificationRequest(ADRawEntry  entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId  originalId)
    I did some digging and found the following MS support article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941146

I ran the recommended power shell command: Set-Mailbox User_Name -ApplyMandatoryProperties

It displayed a warning telling me that no properties were updatedd.

When I checked the properties everything seems ok. ..

And yet the user isn't able to log in.

Other people (me for instance) can use owa without any problems.

Has anyone else seen this?

Re: OWA mailbox error

Hi,

Below technet will fix ur issue.

To use Active Directory Users and Computers to set permissions for users and organizational units
    1. Open the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
    2. On the View menu, click Advanced Features.
    3. Open the properties of a user who cannot log on to Outlook Web Access.
    4. Click the Security tab, and then click Advanced.
    5. Select the Allow inheritable permissions check box if it has not already been selected.
    6. Allow time for replication to occur.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb885050.aspx
    ________
    Buy cannabis seeds
    Last edited by Dks; 13th March 2011, 00:10.
    Rgds,

Dks
    MCP E2K3 & MCITP E2K7
    MCITP Enterprise Win2k8

Comment

Great. Thanks for that. It's odd that the first supprt article I found seemed to describe the problem perfectly and yet it was this Technet article that contained the solution!

Comment

So that means the solution provided has fixed ur problem...

Can u add some reputation points to me...

Rgds,
        Dks

(new to this forum so need that )
        ________
        Jeep Trailhawk History
        Last edited by Dks; 13th March 2011, 00:10.
        Rgds,

Dks
        MCP E2K3 & MCITP E2K7
        MCITP Enterprise Win2k8

Comment

It did but it also inherited some permissions to that account I didn't want on it. SO there's a caveat. Pointed me the correct direction.

Comment

Working...
          X