Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting to Outlook Web Access externally...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to Outlook Web Access externally...

Hi There,

I don't know if this is a dumb question...

I have my Exchange set up and all appears to be well. I can access and use Outlook Web Access (owa) internally.

However I'm struggling to access it from outside the office. Which ports should I open on the firewall? At the moment I have 443 redirecting through the firewall to the Exchange. When I try to access OWA I can't seem to even get to the website.

I am not sure if I am being a complete noob - probably.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Connecting to Outlook Web Access externally...

Have you registered an external domain name for your OWA access? Do you also have an externally registered SSL certificate from somebody like Go Daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      Have you registered an external domain name for your OWA access? Do you also have an externally registered SSL certificate from somebody like Go Daddy.
      I have my external website address sorted. It's pointing into the Lan.

I am just using a self-signed SSL in the meantime.

Comment

Have a look at this step by step and see where you have gonne wrong: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...rver_2003.html
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I am not using exchange 2003. As I understand it you no longer need to have a Frontend server. I've actually got this to work by just port forwarding 443 through the firewall straight to the exchange. I was trying to be clever and use IIS to deal with the request but was really struggling to get it to see the Exchange.

What's everyone's opinion (from a security point of view) of this arrangement (port forwarding only).

Comment

I can't see a problem with it. Your firewall is effectively the Front end.

Comment

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
              X