Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange services not starting up automatic even though set to start automatically

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange services not starting up automatic even though set to start automatically

There are several Exchange services that when I restart my server I have to go in and start them automatically even though they are set to start automatically.
    And exchange will not run properly without these services.

Any ideas???

Re: Exchange services not starting up automatic even though set to start automaticall

Which services?
    What are the recovery settings?
    What OS?
    What hardware?

The normal problem is the Exchange service tries starting before a prerequisite service so it stops. I have found that setting the recovery to "restart the service" with short reset count and restart intervals solves it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchange services not starting up automatic even though set to start automaticall

Event log should give information.
      I would also run DC and Net diag.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

A dependacy must not be starting as expected and preventing the exchange services from starting. Look in the sys log, that should point out the effected service.

Comment

Working...
        X