New setup - need architectural help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New setup - need architectural help

We will be installing a new SBS 2008 server for a new environment. The exchange 2007 part is where I need help. It is basically 2 businesses on 1 network so an employee sends and receives emails under 2 different email addresses.
    Business requirement:
    Using only 1 exchange mailbox, how can I let them easily choose their from address when replying.
    -Chase

Re: New setup - need architectural help

Basically, you can't
    You can use the "from" line when composing a message, but in the headers it still shows the default address of the person

The only solution would be two mailboxes, one for each address
    You could then have two outlook profiles, one for each address, showing the other mailbox in addition
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If I go with the 2 mailbox idea, will the default FROM address be implemented pending on which mailbox the email came to?

So if the email went to the inbox of mailbox for companyA the from address will automatically be [email protected]

Same thing if it went to CompanyB mailbox it will automatically be from [email protected]

Also do I need to configure any additional SMTP connectors or can I just use the default one? It is a single domain forest.
      I APPRECIATE your time and brain power!
      -Chase

Comment

The emails will come FROM the profile you are logged on to
        So if you go to the CoA profile, all replies (to messages in both mailboxes) will be from CoA
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X