No announcement yet.

RPC over HTTP - Exchange 2007

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTP - Exchange 2007

I have an issue with RPC over HTTP on Exhange 2007 and it's driving me crazy.

This is Exchange 2007 on Server 2008.

I finally got it working, with help from posts on this forum, and then it stopped working, somehow it got disabled. Then it was working again, and now it's stopped working. The only changes I know of were some autodiscover settings in the shell.

We were having issues with a certificate pop up and I was trying to fix it by using this article.

The only thing I can think of is that by making those changes (i.e., Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity "fqdn of exchange server" -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri I somehow broke RPC. So I went back in and set everything to Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity "fqdn of exchange server" -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri https://fqdn.internaldomainname.add/...todiscover.xml

After restarting IIS and the server I still had the same issue. There are no errors in the log and when I try to open Outlook I get prompted for the username and password and then after trying to connect several times it shows disconnected.

Any suggestions? I believe this exchange setup was done incorrectly and when I came in as a consultant it's been a mess trying to get things set up right. Is there anyway to verify that everything is setup correctly? I have little experience with Exchange 2007, please feel free to laugh when it ends up being a simple solution.

Thanks in advance,

This is the error I got when I used

Attempting to ping RPC Endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on server mailserver01.bhmi.add
    Failed to ping Endpoint
    Additional Details
    An RPC Error was thrown by the RPC Runtime. Error 1130 1130
    Last edited by reklaw; 29th April 2009, 23:46.