Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imail to Exchange server 2007

Hi,

My company is using IMAIL server and using for mail flowing,There is no AD in my company.So i have planned to migrate IMAIL to Exchange server 2007.I have to create domain and Exchange server but how can i migrate the existing mailbox to exchange server 2007.Pls guide me on these to migrate the mailbox to exchange server 2007.

Syed Kalif

Re: Imail to Exchange server 2007

As a guess (no Imail experience), use user PST files, so:
    Download from IMail to PST
    Switch over to Exchange
    Upload from PST to Exchange server
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by syed_kaliff View Post
      Hi,

My company is using IMAIL server and using for mail flowing,There is no AD in my company.So i have planned to migrate IMAIL to Exchange server 2007.I have to create domain and Exchange server but how can i migrate the existing mailbox to exchange server 2007.Pls guide me on these to migrate the mailbox to exchange server 2007.

Syed Kalif
      Hi,
      Imail uses a MBX format on the mail stored on the server, the regular outlook clients, once mail is popped down, will be in your standard pst format.
      Did you know that IMail will work with AD? Just curious but what are your reasons for switching to exchange?

Comment

With iMail, I'm assuming you guys are using IMAP. We used a tool from MS called Transporter Suite to migrate a few hundred mailboxes to E2k7. Makes things much easier

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Comment

Working...
        X