Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer all mails to our database from exchange sever 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer all mails to our database from exchange sever 2007.

Hi all,

As per the client requirement we are building a web based portal, now the requirement is that client wants to view, manage their mailbox as a part of the web portal, in exchange 2007 the topology was changed and Microsoft introduces the transport layers, now to achieve my requirement I has some idea but I am not clear can anybody suggest me the best way to do so.

As per my knowledge we can achieve the above requirement by running some agents on transport hubs, can anybody explain that which agents should I run on the exchange server and divert all the incoming mails to our database and show the emails to users from our database. is there any other best ways to do this.

Thanks in advance for your valuable support,

Regards,
    Phani Kumar .B

Re: Transfer all mails to our database from exchange sever 2007.

Hi there,

have you found a solution yet ? because I'm also wanted to do the same, but a guy in Microsoft forum give me an idea of implementing this:

"
    Code:
    Exchange WebServices (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb204119.aspx) by issuing FindItems and GetItems requests.
    To trigger the export you could either simply pull every x minutes or use Pull/Pushnotifications get notifications about new mails.
    "

please let me know what solution you've finally come up with ?

thanks.
    ________
    marijuana test
    Last edited by Albertwt; 21st January 2011, 11:16.

Comment

Phani, I think you need to give a better idea of your clients requirements -- will Outlook Web Access (in a frame if needed) be enough?
      What portal (or development environment) are you using - have you looked at Sharepoint?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Yes, I've now experimenting in using SharePoint 2007, and I've successfully displayed the OWA web parts, but I wouldn't have a clue in configuring SharePoint grab the email from Exchange Server and then parsing it and inserting it to A Database.

thanks for replying my topic, apologize for the late reply.
        ________
        website host
        Last edited by Albertwt; 21st January 2011, 11:18.

Comment

Working...
        X