Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend Exchange

Hi Every1

Ihave setup of single domain forest with Exchange setup(CCR) in Site A. Due to rise in Number of mailboxes and users at Site B would like extend Exchange setup to Site B.

Site A:
    Subnet: 192.168.x.1/24
    Two Domain controllers with GC(first domain controller holds all the roles)
    Exchange setup with CCR and Single machine designated as HUB/CAS(No Edge Transport Server Installed)

Site B:
    Subnet: 192.168.y.1/24
    One Domain Controller

Two sites communicating through LeasedLine of 1Mbps Bandwidth. To accommodate new users shall go ahead with MailBox Server(CCR) if yes i request all guide me in right direction...

tHANX IN aDVANCE

Khan

Re: Extend Exchange

How many users in site B?
    IMHO use Outlook Anywhere to pick up from site A unless you are talking about very large volumes of traffic within site B
    (remember all internet email will come into site A before being passed on to B)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

May be around 100-150 users...

Comment

OK, so maybe a site B server is required
        AFAIK, just get the appropriate hardware and licenses and set up as before, specifying an additional server in an existing exchange organisation. You might want to get a book on Designing Exchange Solutions (Exam 70-237 I think) to give you some ideas first
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Could anybody guide me in detail how to proceed for new exchange mailbox server into existing CCR??

Comment

Are you saying you want a cluster split between two sites?
            I dont think it can work that way (shared information store among other things)

Or do you want to add an additional server to your cluster at Site A (again, dont think it can be done)
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

What i mean to say is adding another CCR to extend existing Exchange setup........

Comment

OK, so second cluster at Site B

As I suggested, do a bit of reading on Distributed Exchange Organisations, then set it up as you did the first one.
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X