Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Authentication Help Please

Hi everyone,
    I am having a problem. We are running an Exchange 2007 server behind an IronPort mail security appliance. Standard mail receipt and delivery are working wonderfully. We recently had a request to enable IMAP and SMTP access from the outside world, which has always in the past been forbidden. We have secure IMAP working just fine, but we are having problems with SMTP so these IMAP users can send mail.

I have setup the IronPort so users can connect to it, and then it passes the connection back to the mail server for authentication. I see the traffic coming from the IronPort and getting to the mail server, but the mail server is not doing Authentication. The IronPort is sending me a message, stating that no available AUTH methods are implemented. On the receive connector, i have Integrated Windows Authentication, Exchange Server Authentication, Basic (including TLS) and TLS (DOmain Security Mutual TLS) enabled.

When i try and telnet to this server to test, i am seeing the following:

250-SIZE
    250-PIPELINING
    250-DSN
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-X-ANONYMOUSTLS
    250-AUTH NTLM-------------------< Shouldn't this be AUTH LOGIN?
    250-X-EXPS GSSAPI NTLM
    250-8BITMIME
    250-BINARYMIME
    250-CHUNKING
    250-XEXCH50
    250 XRDST

How do i change it to AUTH LOGIN, not AUTH NTLM?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have people breathing down my neck to get this working.

Thanks in advance

app
    Last edited by apperrault; 26th March 2009, 19:10. Reason: I just found additional information
Working...
X