Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Internal and External Email

Hello all,

I have an Exchange 2007 server running on an internal domain, ie: mycompany.local

The users all have internal addresses in Exchange, ie:
    [email protected]

The users are currently using Outlook 2003 and 2007 to connect to an external email server provided by their Internet domain host, ie:
    mycompany.net

With external email addresses, ie:
    [email protected]

They want me to configure the Exchange server so that all internal mail stays in-house, and all external mail gets sent out and received from the hosting provider's mail server. They don't want to have to switch from account to account, they want to use just the existing external addresses for all activity. I know that I have to tie their existing internal Exchange accounts to these external accounts, and setup a filter or policy to control what mail goes where, I'm just not sure how to do it.

I have read and followed the articles about setting up send and receive connectors, and added the hosting provider's mail server in the Accepted Domains. I'm not sure what to do next. Can someone give me a little guidance how to proceed?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Exchange Internal and External Email

Use a rule on your HT (Hub Transport) server to redirect email based on sending address: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../aa998860.aspx

Comment

Working...
    X