No announcement yet.

auto response to a shared mailbox how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto response to a shared mailbox how?

We have a shared mailbox for customer service area and we need to setup a autorespose saying "Thank blah blah"

is this possible as this is a shared mailbox? I can't find auto respose setting in Exchange itself but there is in outlook So is that means i have to go around all the 5-7 users and setup their outlook autoresponse as the same, but even then how will i seperate their personal email autoresponse?

Is there a better way?

Re: auto response to a shared mailbox how?

Originally posted by zrider View Post
    We have a shared mailbox for customer service area and we need to setup a autorespose saying "Thank blah blah"

is this possible as this is a shared mailbox? I can't find auto respose setting in Exchange itself but there is in outlook So is that means i have to go around all the 5-7 users and setup their outlook autoresponse as the same, but even then how will i seperate their personal email autoresponse?

Is there a better way?
    You can consider using OWA to set the autoreplies. It may only be Out-of-Office replies but I may be wrong. Worth a try. That way it is only set in one location. You get to it by clicking 'options' after logging on as 'Customer Service'.

Comment

Out of Office as already mentioned, or if you plan on using 3rd party software (such as Exclaimer) this will also do this (as well as other things).

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
        You can consider using OWA to set the autoreplies. It may only be Out-of-Office replies but I may be wrong. Worth a try. That way it is only set in one location. You get to it by clicking 'options' after logging on as 'Customer Service'.
        I agree... Use OWA to set auto-replies...

Comment

thanks Autoreply works but the subject of the message saying "out of Office" is there a way i can change that to "Autoreply" instead??

out of office sends out wrong impression but autoreply makes more sense.

I tyred to create a rule but that only uses that microsoft .oft file as template which can't be edited or if i create a new .oft file that doesn't work.

If i choose rule option "have server reply with specfic message" it only works internally but not from extranal email address.

There is a rule option to run a script but I have no clue how to comeup with a script which will autoreply.

So OWA rulled out so far. Company don't want to spend money on third party softwars.
          Last edited by zrider; 24th March 2009, 07:20.

Comment

This blog suggests to me they have created a server side rule using Outlook 2007. You will need to test but may then work for all users.

Give it a go on a test mailbox. Close Outlook and then send a test email to it and see what response you get.

http://www.darylhunter.me/churchit/2...look-2007.html

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Thanks, but I have already tried this. it only works for internal email address and outlook has to be open for this to work which doesn't really helps

just realise in that link he is using office 07 we are still on office 03, don't think that makes a difference as all settings are the same.
              Last edited by zrider; 30th March 2009, 09:04.

Comment

Working...
              X