No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 <=> 2007 connector question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 <=> 2007 connector question

I know that, to allow mail flow between 2003 and 2007, setup creates a routing group connector between one of 2003 routing group and one of exchange 2007 server.

Now here goes my question:

I have exchange 2003 org scattered across multiple geographical locations. Each location is a routing group and I have multiple servers in each location. When I am installing exchange 2007, it asked for creating routing group connector to allow mail flow between 2003<=>2007. I created it and pointed it to one of the routing group and started moving mailboxes(don't worry about remaining components configuration; everything is done). As I am doing the mailbox movement in parallel in all sites, when a E2k3 user is trying to send a mail from A site to a E2k7 user in of the same site, the mail to going to site B(where routing group connector is configured) E2k3 server and from there it is going to site B E2k7 server(through connector) and from there flowing to E2k7 server in site A. This is increasing the mail delivery time even if the both sender and recipient are in same LAN.

Now, please let me know if there is any option to setup connectors such that mails from E2k3 <-> E2k7 of same site will get delivered directly without reaching site B where I have configured first routing group connector. I guess this is very general requirement when large organizations are in transition from E2k3 to E2k7. Please let me know if I am not clear,

Re: Exchange 2003 &lt;=&gt; 2007 connector question

AFAIK, it's possible.

I've never done it myself,so somebody who has will hopefully confirm.

Re: Exchange 2003 &lt;=&gt; 2007 connector question

This may be a good one to read. Have a look at the additional routing group connector title. Let us know how you get on with it too.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?