Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP with non-local From address

Folks,

I'm stuck on a small problem with the Exchange 2007 SMTP service.

We have users that send outbound email through our Client Receive Connector. They authenticate on port 587, and can send email just fine as long as they're sending from their local address. Ie. [email protected] - where acme.com is our local domain name. They can relay to outside addresses, and send to local addresses.

The problem starts if they try to send using a non-local From address. Ie. they send from [email protected]. When they do this Exchange tells them they can't relay.

Is there some setting I can tweak to allow this type of traffic?

Thanks!
    --
    matt

Re: SMTP with non-local From address

Not sure why you have this setup. My server has a receive connector and a SMTP Send Connector for Internet mail. Are you sure the send connector's don't exist? Also, lool at the message tracking in the 'toolbox' to view the connectors being used.

Comment

The connectors seem fine - all other mail works great. We just have a second receive connector for the port 587 traffic - as that's the only port we allow clients to use from outside the firewall.

The error I get is 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

I realize I can grant permissions to users to send as other local users. But is there a way to grant a blanket permission for users to send as non-local users?
      --
      matt

Comment

This is basically the same issue I'm having. Except i'm using the public port 25 SMTP instead of a private recieve connector on a different port. Though I see I automatically have connectors installed with Exchange SP1, a default and a client.

Comment

Working...
        X