Exchange Server 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server 2007

Please, does somebody know, how can I configure that one user with one account can uses 2 mailboxes without log in, really whe user connect to one mailbox that at the same time has access to other mailbox.

Thanks very much

Re: Exchange Server 2007

You need to configure a second user account and mailbox. Grant that user Full Control of the mailbox. In Outlook, you then add the mailbox to their local profile. Exchange 2007 server with SP1 also allows you to do so in OWA.

Not sure of your experience but can ellaborate if you need me to do so.

Also, will the user be replying as the 1 mailbox/username or different, depending on the mailbox the email was delivered to?

Comment

Actually, I want to enable that when I log in with my account in my mailbox, and at the same time I have access to my and to examle, company's mailbox, and that I can send and receive messages from both mailboxes from my account. I don't know if I was enough explicit

Comment

You set up permissions on company`s mailbox to full access, and add yourself to "Send on behalf" list...

Then you add mailbox in Outlook, open it and you`re done...

Comment

I have already created my and company's mailbox and granted full access permision to company's mailbox in exchange management console, but I don't see option "Send on behalf", what settings I have to do on exchange management console and Outlook Web Access?

Comment

On exchange managment console double click companys mailbox.

Then click on "Mail flow settings" and then double click on "Delivery options"...

Then add yourself to the list and you will be able to use "FROM" field in outlook...

Comment

OK, Thank you very much, but is it possibly that I have option to switch beetwen this two mailboxes with one account without logging, i.e full mailboxes with inbox, sent etc.. from one account

Comment

My solution posted earlier would work for you. All you now need to do is add the other mailbox to your OWA or Outlook or both. That way, it will appear as another folder.

In OWA, there is the option box to open another mailbox. That will allow you to achieve what you want without having to log on separately.

I can show you the steps for Outlook, if you can let me kinow if you use it and the version.

Comment

Well both solutions from Virtual and mine would work for him perfectly

It is more elegant with Outlook I think...

Comment

Originally posted by gregaSLO View Post
                    Well both solutions from Virtual and mine would work for him perfectly

It is more elegant with Outlook I think...
                    I agree. Some of my user's have access to 5 mailboxes from Outlook.

Comment

I use only Outlook Web Access, but cannot find folders with users's mailboxes

Comment

If you use firefox you have to click on "Click to view all folders"

Use Internet Explorer 6 or 7 with OWA and you will be fine..

Comment

How Exchange organize mails, does it make one folder for all accounts or for each, option "Click to view all folders" is set, where it locate these folders?

I look on the machine where is Exchange instaled in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{079BD71D-D841-4B51-BA5C-295ECC370EC3}\Microsoft\Outlook Express, and there I have one inbox, sent...., for all mails on Exchange

Comment

With Outlook Express you cannot have multiple mailboxes...

Correct me if I`m wrong

Comment

It cannot, but I use OWA as mail client and I don't know where it locate mailboxes for users

Comment

Working...
                              X