Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distrubuting emails using hub transport

Hi,
    I'm using hub transport rules in order to transport emails fom a single email account on my exchange07 to all of my users on my SBS2008 premium.
    I think I'm loosing some of the emails due to a rule that redirects massages where a recipient is in the "to" or "cc" field..
    massages dont reach the other recipients on that field
    am I using the wrong distributing system on my Exchange07?
    or how can I configure the exchange07 to copy an incoming massage to all of the email addresses that are in the "to" and "cc" fields?
    thanks all..

Re: distrubuting emails using hub transport

Can't you just set that single email address as a distribution group?

What rules do you have setup?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

any mail that will reach that user (that I will configure as distribution group)
      will reach its destination to the specific [email protected] ?

Comment

I think you may need to re-write that as I don't understand.
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

ok,
          1. I got the SBS2008 premium installed
          2. I configured a pop3 connector to recieve my company's mail from my ISP, I got on my ISP a special account, made specially to send\recieve email.
          all the emails sent to my company stack on that ISP mailbox, until the Exchange server picks them up and distribute them between my users (that was the situation with my SBS2000 server)
          I got used to a system (sbs2000) in which I only configured the pop3 connector properties (ISP's mail server, username and password)
          and that connector did all the work of recieving, processing, and delivering each user's mail right to his mailbox.

3. here came the SBS2008 with its exchange07 and I found myself lost.
          I configured the pop3 connector but I was forced to specify a username to deliver that mails to. that was the point the problem started.
          I'm tring to understand, is the exchange07 mechanism built to recieve all the mail gathered on one ISP's mailbox to one user's emailbox on my server, and then distribute it form there using rules?
          for now, I configured multiple transport rules on the "hub transport" on my exchange07 in order to receive mail,one for each user in order to get that user's emails. the rule diverts mail to the mailbox on my exchane by the name appear on the "to" or "cc" field.
          of course I loose emails in which users on my domain are specified on the "to" and "cc" fields.
          all I want is to implement a simple distributing system for my incoming mail on my exchange with its pop3 connector (if its possible). how do I do this?

Comment

Why not get SMTP setup properly instead. Get an MX and A record setup and have emails coming directly into Exchange. You can then copy etc to your hearts content.
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X