Moving Exchange 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Exchange 2007

I recently got command of a small Exchange implementation will all services on one server. The problem is, this is a virtual server and worse it's on Hyper-V. It needs to be moved asap but I'm very new to Exchange.

I can dedicate a physical server and intended to name it the same as the v server with the same IP. Could someone point me to a step by step for this process or perhaps another thread with that information?

Thank you all in advance! This forum is awesome!

Andy

Re: Moving Exchange 2007

You can virtualise Exchange
    http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...22/450463.aspx

but anyway...

Personally, I would install the new server as a second Exchange 2007 box and move the mailboxes, finally gracefully remove the existing server. This has very little downtime to the users.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

How does migrating work with changing IP's and server names? Wouldn't this involved reconfiguring each client?

Comment

Originally posted by Skarkroe View Post
        How does migrating work with changing IP's and server names? Wouldn't this involved reconfiguring each client?
        The clients will automatically detect the new location of the mailbox on the new server providing they connect whilst the old server is still up.

Comment

Working...
        X