Exmerge exchange 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exmerge exchange 2007

I've been pondering moving from our legacy Exchange 5.5 server to a newer one. It's been suggested that we could just switch off the 5.5 machine, install 2007 and use Exmerge to move export the inboxes from the old machine. As far as I am aware Exmerge is different for each version of Exchange.

Our Exchange client will be Outlook 2003.

If we use this method will we be able to use Exmerge to import the old inbox structure into the new machine, or will users have to access their old inboxes as an archive on their PCs?

Re: Exmerge exchange 2007

as i have noticed exmerge donot work in exchange 2007. it make pst only upto mailbox size of 2 gb.

the healthy way of migration is to install exchange 2000/2003 in your environment once all mail boxes are moved to 2000/2003 then go for installing exchange 2007. Be careful to check pre-requisite before installing it. Here is a cool site for your reference. Hope this helps

http://www.commodore.ca/windows/exch..._in_2hours.htm

Rajeev
    Rajeev

Comment

Exmerge doesn't export a pst file larger than 2GB on any version of Exchange, it has nothing to do with Exchange 2007. Exmerge exports pst files in ANSI format, which is limited to 2GB.

Also, Exmerge is not suuported on Exchange 2007 and should not be installed on the Exchange 2007 server. You should install and run it from a workstation or management server. Exchange 2007 SP1 is supposed to contain a management shell alternative to Exmerge.

Comment

As Joe says:
        export-mailbox
        http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...13/437745.aspx

antihippy, how many mailboxes are you looking at?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hey Andy,

Around 40 with the biggest being about 1gig. The 2 gig limit won't be a problem. I am just trying to make sure that the Exchange 2007 Exmerge (or perhaps the alternative) can import a PST created from 5.5.

Comment

Originally posted by antihippy View Post
            Hey Andy,

Around 40 with the biggest being about 1gig. The 2 gig limit won't be a problem. I am just trying to make sure that the Exchange 2007 Exmerge (or perhaps the alternative) can import a PST created from 5.5.
            It should be ok. I have used Outlook to convert PSTs to an upgraded PST in the past, so the worst case would be for you to do that.

I am sure it will be confirmed as being ok, otherwise, use Outlook or see if there is some more conversion software out there.

You can then carry out the Powershell command Andy suggests to import them.

Comment

Working...
            X