Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Exchange 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering what software do you use to backup windows 2008 with exchange 2007

What is the best software to do this?

Re: Backup Exchange 2007

Backup Exec or ArcServe both work well
    There are also cheaper solutions available
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Backup Exec or ArcServe both work well
      There are also cheaper solutions available
      Also on Brick Level?

Because we normally use Symantec Backup Excec, but we have a problem with Brick Level Backup.

Comment

Some info here:
        http://blogs.msdn.com/douggowans/arc...ange-2007.aspx

I've always been a fan of BackupExec types even though Symantec now maintain it. I think it is on version 12.5 for BE or 6.5 NB
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi.

One suggestion if you are using Backup Exec. Backup Exce brick level backup creates large backup file compare to backup of exchange without brick level option. So do plan hard disk for Backup to Disk /B2D type.

Comment

I found CA Arcserve Backup R12.0 to be a very good backup Solution for Exchange. There are two types of backups that you can take with this software:

1. Database Level: Backup Of Whole Information Store, which is useful in Restoring in case of a failure or System Crash.

2. Document Level: It backs up Individual Mailboxes or Folders (Like Inbox or Sent Items), when performing a Restore, you can drill down to individual Emails and then perform a restore or single item.

I have used this product a lot, have been using it since Version 9, and usually recommend others, the latest one available is 12.0. I believe Version 12.5 is also available, but not sure how it is as i havent tested it myself.

Hope this info was useful!

Malik

Comment

BackupExec 12.5 (and 11 and 12) will allow you to recover iindividual mailboxes and/or messages (items) from an Information Store backup without having to do mailbox level backups if you use the builtin GRT (Granular Recovery Technology). This is the recommended way of backing up Exchange using BE.

Comment

Working...
              X