No announcement yet.

outlook 2007 + Exchange 200 after migration - strange authentification behaviour

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook 2007 + Exchange 200 after migration - strange authentification behaviour

hi again,
    another question, a bit triky.

(i saw a similar post here, but it was canceled, so i don't have the answer

i migrated from exchange 2003 to Exchange 007.

Suring migration, and after decomisionning 2003, i have a weird problem with outlook 2007 authentification.

Outlook 2003 works fine, all the time

with outlok 2007
    - If the account is migrated from Exchange03 or is a roaming profile and outlook have connected at least one to the 2003 server, everything works fine.
    - if it is a new account, or an old one but on a new computer (outlook never connected to exchange from that computer), i have my authentification issue.

when using autodiscover, it tries to connect to the server, but asks for credentials.

they are refused if y use them the following wyas:

but are accepted if used that way

right after that, when buidlind mailbox, i have to enter credentials again, but in that form

then everything seems to work fine

When i get the first credential error, my system log show a kerberos id4 error, coming from my DC1 who used to host also my exchange 2003 server (i also have a 2nd DC, on W2008, with all 5 FSMO roles). the client machine runs XP SP3, Outlook SP1, network is configured using DHCP with 1st DNS on DC2, 2nd DNS on DC1, then external DNS.
    here is the error :

The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/dc1.mydom.local. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the

kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm (mydom.LOCAL),

and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator.

help greatly appreciated.