Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Distribution group

Hi,

I've got a distribution group that contains everyone on my exchange 2007 server. But I want to limit the use of this list, so only a couple of people can use it. The down side is, that this list has been active for some time now, and people who shouldnt use it, has already used it.

How can I limit the use of it, I've already ticked off the: "Hide group from Exchange address lists".

Re: Limit Distribution group

Certainly in Exchange 2003, you could restrict who could send to distribution groups from the Exchange General tab of the group properties.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Have you looked into the transport rules?
      http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...rver-2007.html
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Transport rules seems to do the work. The only problem is that I have to choose: "sent to members inside a distibution list". Which means I completely block them from sending mail to users inside the DL. I want them to be able to send mail to people inside the DL, but not to that specific DL.

Comment

My bad! it works perfect!

Thanks for the tip AndyJG247! I'll be using the transport rules more often

Comment

No probs. They are a great tool!
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
            X