Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not receiving external mail exchange 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not receiving external mail exchange 2007.

Hi again! Thank you for all your help so far! Again we turn to the great wisdom and knowledge of the site! We are a bit bogged down with our exchange server. Here is our setup: We have exchange 2007 setup on Server 2008 x64 standard edition. We have internal mail working. But we need external mail to work. We got it so far that we can send out messages to the internet but we cannot receive mail from the internet. we do have an external mail server that we do receive mail from. We can check the message que on the external mail server and the mail server has received the test message but it does not deliver the message to the exchange mail box. Thank yo so very much for all your help so far and for an absolutely brilliant site

Re: Not receiving external mail exchange 2007.

Hi,

I would assume that the domain is set as an accepted domain.

Please refer: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...17/431555.aspx

Let me know

Comment

... and that you have set up a suitable receive connector?
      Colin

Comment

Hi Guys! Sorry for being away for so long! Got caught up in the whole exchange business. Finally got it working i deleted all the connectors from the exchange and made sure that the server is a FQDN. i then set them up again and it is working now. You have to take your time to set it up and it is working fine now I just have another question. The mail that i send from eg. gmail takes about an hour to arrive into the client mailbox, do you have any ideas for me? By the way the exchange server is a Hyper V server, could this be the cause for the slowness. I have assighned 2 Gb of system memory to the Hyper V server and the hard drives are running in RAID 0 with 128K block size. Thank you so much for all your help so far! I could not have gotten so far without your help

Comment

Working...
        X