Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclaimers and Encrypted emails

Hi - I am a first time poster

We have an Exchange 2007 SP1 environment. We have a transport rule setup to post a disclaimer on all outbound emails. One of our vendors is requiring secure emails be sent - signed and encrypted. It seems that our disclaimer rule is conflicting with encrypted email. Once the message is encrypted and sent from Outlook, the disclaimer is added at the transport level - modifying the email and negating the encryption - or so I'm told.

Is there a way to add an exception for encrypted emails?

I know there is a way to add an exception based on classification, then I can request that all users also send with XYZ classification level if they are encrypting, but i have to imagine there is something more cut and dry built into Exchange for the situation.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Brandon

Re: Disclaimers and Encrypted emails

I would add the disclaimer in Policy at the client; this way it is added before encryption and therefore will not break it.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately there is nothng built-in as such, that will take care of your particular issue. You will have to use exception road and then use Transport Rules.

If you want to go via Outlook Signatures, then it will be for all mails internal/external, hence Transport Rules are the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        I would add the disclaimer in Policy at the client; this way it is added before encryption and therefore will not break it.
        i.e. Outlook/Group Policy.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
        X