No announcement yet.

Problems connecting to User's mailbox

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems connecting to User's mailbox

I have had a problem today, possibly caused myself but need help with resolving the issue.

We have 2k7 Exchange that was migrated from 2k3 Exchange 4-5 months ago. The user has recently changed job roles and logged on to a computer that he logged on to 2 years ago. The MAPI profile was pointing at the old Exchange server. That name is no longer used on our 2k3 Standard Domain. I changed the name to the new Exchange Server. Outlook started up successfully. I closed Outlook and opened it up again and a message appeared with 3 optio boxes.

It referred to an error having been encountered and I chose Use Temporary mailbox. IT opened up to the mailbox on the new server. I closed Outlook and tried the second option of use 'Old Settings or Mail', can't remember precisely the choice. It wouldn't open. However, it seems to effected the mailbox now. The user is a local administrator and not an administrator of the domain. They then informed me that the message above has been happening for quite a few months.

If I try to use OWA for the user, the following comes up as an error. When you look at the Mapi profile, it says the mailbox can not be located. It seems to relate to permissions. I can logon and use OWA and Outlook from the user's computer. The OWA issue is the same on all machines logging on as that user. Also, the user has never used OWA before. The first message asks for the chocie of language and then after that, the error below appears.

Thanks in advance for anybody can assist.

Url: https://mailserver:443/owa/lang.owa
    User host address: Our Mail Server IP address
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoragePermanentEx ception
    Exception message: There was a problem accessing Active Directory.
    Call stack
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep. System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute( )
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    Inner Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADOperationExcep tion
    Exception message: Active Directory operation failed on NameOurSecondDCwithNoFSMORoles.domain.local. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150A45, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
    Call stack
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Analyz eDirectoryError(PooledLdapConnection connection, DirectoryRequest request, DirectoryException de, Int32 totalRetries, Int32 retriesOnServer)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Execut eModificationRequest(ADRawEntry entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId originalId)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Save(A DObject instanceToSave, IEnumerable`1 properties)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()
    Inner Exception
    Exception type: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperat ionException
    Exception message: The user has insufficient access rights.
    Call stack
    System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection. ConstructResponse(Int32 messageId, LdapOperation operation, ResultAll resultType, TimeSpan requestTimeOut, Boolean exceptionOnTimeOut)
    System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection. SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.PooledLdapConnec tion.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, LdapOperation ldapOperation)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Execut eModificationRequest(ADRawEntry entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId originalId)

Re: Problems connecting to User's mailbox

Problem now resolved.

Carried this out.

The uer account wasn't set to inherit.